These days every single business and organization needs a website for their effective functioning. Even individuals have their own websites. Therefore, you should know how to build a WordPress website or any website for that matter.
You may ask – ‘Why WordPress’? There’s a simple reason behind this choice – ease of use! WordPress has grown in popularity the world over because it is really easy to create and manage websites. You can easily add new posts and pages in addition to pictures, videos and much more on your WordPress website.
When it first began, WordPress has just a simple place where bloggers could organize their posts. But, ever since it took its first step into the CMS world, it’s just been growing and growing – today it’s one of the most advanced and secure CMS platforms available to the common man.
Building a WordPress CMS Website
Building a WordPress site from scratch isn’t difficult, but you need patience and time. It’s not going to happen with the click of a button. Here are some of the things that you need to do in order to build your WordPress website or blog.
- Get a domain name – The first step towards building any website is to buy a domain name. A domain name is the virtual address of your website. – this is the domain name.
- Hosting your website – Once you buy a domain name, you would also need to find a good host. A hosting company sees to the storage of all your files and makes sure that the people visiting your website are capable of assessing the pages you’ve made public.
- Download WordPress – Once you’ve got a domain name and a host, the next step would be to download WordPress so that you could work on the building of you website or blog. Google WordPress download and you’d find the right link
- Install WordPress on your hosting site – When you look out for a host, make sure that they support WordPress. Once you’ve downloaded it and got the right host, login to your account and install WordPress on your host site.
- Customize you website – Once you’ve got it onto your computer, you could use themes and plugins that are available for free or buy some cool ones to enhance the functionality of your website.
- Post content – Now that the basic design of your website is completed; get ready to post information onto your website.
That’s it, you’ve now got yourself a fully functional website using WordPress CMS platform.